Information for Students About Closed Schools and Loan Repayment

If your school closes while you’re enrolled or soon after you withdraw, you may be eligible for discharge of your federal student loan.

There are certain eligibility requirements to qualify for a closed school discharge; you must apply to get a discharge.

It’s important for you to obtain your academic and financial aid records if your school closes since you might need those records if you plan to attend another school or want your student loans discharged.

You can learn more about the eligibility requirements for discharge and how you can apply on the Federal Student Aid webpage by clicking here. You can also call the Federal Student Aid office directly at (617) 289-0133.