Post-Master’s Certificates

Where should post-Master’s certificates be reported?

Graduate students enrolled in post-Master’s programs, such as Certificate of Advanced Study (CAS), Certificate of Advanced Graduate Study (CAGS), and Certificate of Advanced Professional Studies (CAPS), should be reported at the degree level that corresponds to the level of the coursework they are completing. For instance, students completing classes that are identified as being Master’s-level classes should be included in the “Master’s” enrollment figures. In cases where an institution is unable to identify the level of the coursework, students should be reported as “Non-Degree Students,” and a note explaining such should be included in the “Notes” text box at the bottom of the page.