* Indicates that the item is new or updated within the past 6 months.
The Commission recognizes that its dual responsibilities of quality assurance and quality improvement must be kept in balance. Nowhere is this dual role more in play than in the area commonly summarized by the term “student assessment.” The Standards for Accreditation speak to assessment as a means of improving academic programs and services for students. The Standards also speak to the Commission’s public responsibility to ensure an appropriate level of student success and to make the results of assessment known and used for improvement.
NECHE Assessment Materials:
- Focusing on Outcomes: Some Examples
- Statement on Student Achievement and Success DATA FORMS
- Measures of Student Achievement and Success
- Examples from Institutional Websites: Measures of Student Success
Other Assessment Resources:
- Principles for Effective Assessment of Student Achievement, a statement endorsed by each of the regional accrediting commissions and the six DC presidential associations (AACC, AASCU, ACE, AAU, APLU, NAICU).
- Council for Higher Education Accreditation
- National Institute for Learning Outcomes Assessment
- AAC&U LEAP (Liberal Education and America’s Promise) and VALUE (Valid Assessment of Learning in Undergraduate Education) Projects
- Assessment Commons
- Western Association of Schools and Colleges Evidence Guide
- Southern Association of Schools and Colleges Preparing Teams
- Regional Accreditation and Student Learning Series (Council of Regional Accrediting Commissions, with support from Pew Charitable Trusts)
- Dual Credit in U.S. Higher Education, a Study of State Policy and Quality Assurance Practices
Assessment Resources: Association of American Colleges and Universities
Evidence Guide (Western Association of Schools and Colleges)
Internet Resources for Higher Education Outcomes Assessment (North Carolina State University)
Regional Accreditation and Student Learning Series (Council of Regional Accrediting Commissions, with support from Pew Charitable Trusts)
- Guide for Institutions and Evaluators
- Improving Institutional Practice