We are delighted to announce that, as part of NECHE’s 2021 Annual Meeting, we will have our third annual Assessment Poster session! We know that, even in this time of ongoing uncertainty, assessment continues to be a source of learning and improvement for institutions. As in prior years, this poster session will provide a rich opportunity for institutional stakeholders to share their assessment practices and learn from each other.
This year’s poster session theme is Assessment: A Constant in a Time of Ongoing Uncertainty. The Assessment Poster Session will be held on Thursday, December 9 from 8:00 am – 9:15 am.
We invite you and your colleagues to submit a poster presentation proposal.
In keeping with the theme, Assessment: A Constant in a Time of Ongoing Uncertainty, we encourage poster presentation proposals that provide an engaging and visual display of your institution’s assessment practice, focusing on the ways assessment continues to help you improve student learning and success during this time of ongoing uncertainty. We welcome posters from administrators, ALOs, faculty, institutional researchers, and academic and student affairs professionals.
The poster display should include, at a minimum, the following components:
- Institutional Profile: A brief introduction to your institution, your students, and your mission
- Assessment Practice:
- What outcome(s) were you assessing or what were you hoping to learn from the assessment?
- Who was involved in doing the assessment (i.e., faculty or staff from a particular program or department, all faculty/staff, etc.)?
- What types of assessment data did you collect and analyze? Student work? Survey data? Retention and graduation data? Other data?
- Learning and Improvement:
- What was learned from the assessment about student learning and success? What curricular or other improvements were made, based on that learning?
- What did you learn from the assessment process? What would you do differently next time?
The look and format of poster presentations is largely up to the creativity and imagination of the presenter(s) but must be 4’ x 4’ or smaller and must be on a foam board, able to be displayed on an easel. Presenters are responsible for creating, transporting, setting up, taking down, and removal of posters and must provide the foam board. NECHE will provide easels for displaying your poster.
The poster session will take place on Thursday, December 9, 2021, from 8:00 a.m. – 9:15 a.m. in the Singleton and Copley Rooms at the Fairmont Copley Plaza. Poster presenters are expected to remain with their posters during that time and discuss with session attendees. Poster presenters will need to register as attendees for the Annual Meeting.
Posters will remain on display throughout the day on Thursday and should be self-explanatory. Presenters will be responsible for removing their posters when they leave for the day
Poster Review Criteria
Poster proposals will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Addresses the Assessment Practice and the Learning and Improvement questions
- Provides information or ideas that will be useful to peers
- Effectively tells an institutional story
- Is well-organized, engaging, and creative
Poster proposal submissions must consist of the following:
- Poster Title
- Up to 2 Presenter(s) and Title(s); contact information for primary presenter
- Brief Description, including how the poster will address the Assessment Practice and the Learning and Improvement questions
- Learning Outcomes (what will others learn from your story)
Submitting a Poster Session Proposal
Please submit your proposal here by October 8, 2021. You will be notified by October 15, 2021 if your poster has been accepted for inclusion at the NECHE 2021 Annual Meeting Assessment Poster Session. Notification will be sent to the primary presenter email.
If you have any questions about the poster session or the proposal submission process, please contact Laura Gambino (email@example.com/781-425-7751).