Based on our assessment of the Annual Meeting, which includes feedback from last year’s meeting participants, we are pleased to announce the addition of an Assessment Poster Session to NECHE’s 2019 Annual Meeting. We know that many NECHE institutions are making great strides in developing assessment processes and using assessment findings for improvement. This poster session will provide an opportunity for institutions to share their assessment successes and learn from each other.
This year’s poster session theme is Assessment as Story: Improving Student Learning and Success. The Assessment Poster Session will be held on Thursday, December 12 from 8:00 am – 9:15 am.
We invite you and your colleagues to submit a poster presentation proposal.
In keeping with the theme, Assessment
as Story: Improving Student Learning and Success, we encourage poster
presentation proposals that provide an engaging and visual display of your
institution’s assessment story, focusing on the ways assessment has helped you improve
student learning and success. We welcome
posters from administrators, ALOs, faculty, institutional researchers, and
academic and student affairs professionals.
The poster display should include, at a minimum, the following components:
- Institutional Profile: A brief introduction to your institution, your students, and your mission
- Assessment Nuts and Bolts:
- What outcome(s) were you assessing or what were you hoping to learn from the assessment?
- Who was involved in doing the assessment (i.e. faculty or staff from a particular program or department, all faculty/staff, etc.)?
- What types of assessment data did you collect and analyze? Student work? Survey data? Retention and graduation data? Other data?
- Learning and Improvement:
- What was learned from the assessment about student learning and success? What curricular or other improvements were made, based on that learning?
- What did you learn from the assessment process? What would you do differently next time?
The look and format of poster presentations is largely up to the creativity and imagination of the presenter(s) but must be 4’ x 4’ or smaller. Presenters are responsible for creating, transporting, setting up, taking down, and removal of posters. NECHE will provide easels for displaying your poster.
The poster session will take place on Thursday, December 12, 2019 from 8:00 – 9:15 in the St. James Room at the Fairmont Copley Plaza. Poster presenters are expected to remain with their posters during that time and discuss with session attendees. Poster presenters will need to register for the Annual Meeting.
Posters will remain on display throughout the day on Thursday and should be self-explanatory.
Poster Review Criteria
Poster proposals will be reviewed according to the following criteria:
- Addresses the Nuts and Bolts and the Learning and Improvement questions
- Provides information or ideas that will be useful to peers
- Effectively tells an institutional story
- Is well-organized, engaging, and creative
Poster proposal submissions must consist of the following:
- Poster Title
- Presenter(s) and Title(s); contact information for primary presenter
- Brief Description, including how the poster will address the Nuts and Bolts and the Learning and Improvement questions
- Learning Outcomes (what will others learn from your story)
Submitting a Poster Session Proposal
Please submit your proposal by September 30, 2019. You will be notified by October 7, 2019 if your poster has been accepted for inclusion at the NECHE 2019 Annual Meeting Assessment Poster Session. Notification will be sent to the primary presenter email.
If you have any questions about the poster session or the proposal submission process, please contact Laura Gambino (email@example.com/781-425-7751).